We have to start somewhere, right? I changed my background. Even I was sick of clicking on my blog and looking at that stinkin' ring of fire and same ole' background, ugh! I just didn't know where to begin, so I began with the background and it kind of felt good to look at something different. A new beginning. Most everyone who has been within 10 feet of me knows things have been tough for our family lately, so I wont go there. I feel as though my friends will begin to avoid me for fear of having to "hear it again". Sometimes I want to avoid myself...sleep helps, but I'm even sick of that. Hence why I am up at 2:40 in the morning finally updating my blog. It's time to stop being a sad, stressed (that really may not go away too easy, but it can be alleviated), lazy, non-motivated, weight gaining, missing out on my other children Fool. Heavenly Father has blessed me tremendously in my life and I know he is here for me now. He has blessed me with an amazing family and loving and supportive friends. There is certainly a reason he put us here in Richmond at this time... what would I have done otherwise? My parents are here this weekend for a visit and it has been wonderful to spend time with them. We have helped the boys begin some new ventures by switching each of them to getting their own rooms and the adjustment they are making to the hurtful changes that have happened. But, things are going to be Ok. I am just babbling now and that's just no bueno cuz I am making no sense. Basically, here's to new beginnings, but hanging on to hope and having faith that the future holds much for those we love and care for so deeply.
14 comments:
Shelley,
I do not know what your family is currently going through, but know that you are in our prayers! We have been through some mighty rough waters for the past 5 years and I can tell you that "this too shall pass." I know that seems so trite right now, but it is true. Hang in there friend!
I'm so glad to see a new post!! And I love the new beginning - I know you can make it through all of this with your great attitude and the Lord on your side. I love ya more than my luggage!!
Shelley!! This is great. I love the new look and the change of heart. We all love you and want the best for you and your family.
We love you shelly!
You are not a fool you are just trying to cope with some very rough stuff! Sounds like you are moving in the right direction! Keep it up!
Glad to see the new post.
I'm thinking that we Simiskey families are going to have to get pretty creative with our Christmas card updates this year. 2009 has had more than its fair share of "no buenos." This year has been like the house guest that just won't leave. Here's to 2010 and a much brighter future. It can't come soon enough.
At least in the meantime, I can now console myself with some peppermint ice cream...
Glad to see your new background and a new post. Please know that I am always here if you need someone to talk to, or go get a milkshake with, or go shopping with, or whatever you need. And with Robert out of the country, I have lots of free time! You're an amazing lady, and I'm glad to count you as one of my friends.
Shel,
You are an incredible person, daughter, wife, friend. But most of all you should know that you are an incredible mother. I know you have walked a very difficult road lately. Never feel like those of us who love you tire of walking it with you whenever we can. You are loved.
I just found your blog....I'm so sorry about what you've been going through. I hope one day things will smooth out, but I'm sure it is so difficult in the meantime.
I think about you often! You are in my prayers!
i LOVED your new post. i hear HOPE in it. we, the peeps in richmond, are so GRATEFUL you are here. we love and SUPPORT you.
Just so you know, I don't get tired of hearing about your problems so if you ever need to vent, I'll read it ;)
I do really like the background of your blog. I always have a hard time picking one out. I just never can decide, lol.
I hope the changes keeping going smoothly and I'm sure the Lord is watching over you.
i love hearing that thread of hope. that's something that's been on the forefront of my mind lately--that there is always hope. thanks for setting a good example of holding on to hope in a desperate time!
Shelley... I hope I can gain the strength and character you obviously have when my kids are this age. Continued prayers headed your way.
I am so proud of you as a daughter, wife, mother, friend and person of character. Things have been rough lately, but you still need to take care of yourself and not lose focus of what is important..yourself and those precious boys that need you very much!! You have some great friends who are so supportive and remember we all will listen for however long you need to talk!!
Post a Comment