My day yesterday started off with a text from Em saying that she had dropped her car off at the shop and could I pick her and her friend up since it would be awhile before it'd be done. I enjoy spending time with her, so of course I got ready and headed out. The girls were hungry, so we decided on Red Robin, but after realizing it was only 10:30 am and they didn't open til' 11:00 am we decided to kill some time in JC Penney... well, kill some time we did. They are having their buy one get one for 88 cents sale. Fun times. An hour and half later we mosied on over to Red Robin and got a bite to eat... oh my yummalish. We had a great time laughing and dare I say... reconnecting. I can't believe it's been almost a year since she graduated.

Ahh, I loveee looking at these pictures! It was such a wonderful day!
Now, back to our day together... after we left Red Robin we went to Michaels... well you know if you are with me you are stuck running my errands :) They didn't seem to mind and we were having a blast. Em and her friend found some silly animal hats and proceeded to wander the entire store wearing them. Em's was a 'donkey' (aka: Jack-a@@) and Alysha's was an alligator ( or something green with teeth)... Oh my.. I lost them for a while then the next thing I knew I heard other female voices along with theirs and when I turned the corner of an aisle they were with a few other women who were also wearing the animal hats now! All I could do was shake my head and look at the ground when one woman asked me if I was going to claim them. I paused... then said "yes! I love them!" Emily has a desire to want people to laugh and be happy and that means everyone around her. I love that quality about her. She and Alysha picked out a paint craft and tie dye t-shirt craft to do. I guess some girls never change.. yay! I am now the proud owner of a tie dye t-shirt hand made by my Em and her friend Alysha! Shortly after making the shirts we got the call that the car was ready and my play day with my 18 year old baby girl was coming to an end :( It was a fun day and I look forward to more in the future.
9 comments:
This made me smile. I miss both of your smiles & laughs in YW. Glad you enjoyed this time together!
So glad that you were able to have a fun day with Em. You need to post a picture of your new tye dye shirt!
I'm glad you and Em were able to have such a great day. You deserve it! And I agree with Kristie - we need to see the tie dye shirt!!
Good times are spent with our kids no matter their age!! I know this day was special for you...I hope and pray you have many more!! Yes, we need to see the t-shirt!!
Hurray for the day! And, I know this is a little mean, but, really, you are short. And I know your girl is tall and probably wearing heels, but James and Little James are not wearing heels. So, there. I just have to tease. You will feel better if you wear your tie dye t-shirt. Or make me one. Love ya!
sounds like a great day. glad it worked out that way.
What an inspirational post!
Jen- I agree I am short and Em is wearing the flatest shoes ever! The girl is tall! It was an eventful day cuz Em wore flip flops to graduation and they weren't going to let her walk, so I had to run like crazy to meet some guy and give him my sandals to let her wear... craziness.
Tie-dye t-shirts say it all. Good for y'all!
Post a Comment