Sunday, July 12, 2009

Have you ever...

heard something late at night and got up to see what it was knowing it was going to be nothing, but you just HAD to check to make yourself feel better? Well, I'm a little weird that way and always have been... I am the only one up and Em isn't home from work yet, so I keep hearing noises and to make myself feel better I thought I should just do a quick sweep of the house, ya' know check all the rooms and make sure the boys are sleeping soundly. Well, they were. I noticed Em's fan was on full blast and thought that was where the noise was coming from, but I am never satisfied with my paranoia and anxiety I had to continue checking by actually looking out the front window.... WHY, Why do I do these things? I have always said I would probably cause myself to have a heart attack one day if I ever did that and had something looking back at me, well I came close enough to that tonight! I bopped my booty right up to the window by the front door and took a look see and looking right back at me was this bugger....
I flipped out and yes, nearly had a heart attack! (This is a stock photo of course, but it looks pretty similar). Darn vermin! I tapped the glass and it just stared at me like "uh what?" I thought about Jen cracking a window and quickly changed my plans on that one. It wasn't the smartest idea since I was shaking, but I opened the door (my front door is loud, this came in handy tonight) and thank goodness it scared the creepy oppossum away. I have noticed that my mulch has been really jacked up lately, so apparently this little bugger has been a frequent visitor. I noticed that one site said they are freaked out by plastic owls, so if you come over and notice my yard adorned with some new decorations don't be surprised.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

You need to get Cade Stephens over there - he killed one of the boogers in his front yard with a shovel and their dog killed one in the backyard. Yuck!!

Shel said...

Good idea! I sure don't want it hangin' around, that is "MY" front porch!

Jennifer said...

Ugh! I HATE varmints! Possums are all over the place here. I'm glad you didn't break the window ;-) Although, you have enough artillery in your house to have just blown that sucker away.

Pops Stargell said...

Glad you're finally up and running with the blog. You take way too many pics to NOT have a blog. Now you just need to actually post some...hint, hint...

Andi Simiskey said...

Ever meet up with an Armadillo? We had one in our backyard when we lived in Angleton many years ago. He was on the fence just outside our back door. I was afraid to go out the door. Thought he might attack me. So we poked him with a broom. He didn't budge. So we poked harder. Nope. Nutthin! So we poked harder. He was a strong stubborn little bugger! Needless to say he finally left and my life was spared! Ha ha!

Shel said...

Andi,
Eww, Armadillos are creepy, too. I have only seen them from a safe distance (thank goodness) and when I have they have been pretty slow movers or dead... ick!

jamie said...

you are brave to go check out the noise. i would have wrapped myself up tightly in my covers and waited for the noise to stop! hope the plastic owls work.