Saturday, July 11, 2009
Utter Frustration!
Okay, I'm about to throw a fit and it wont be pretty. I have been trying for over a week now to download pictures off of my camera from girls camp and something has gone wrong with my stinkin' computer (well, the program that allows me to download pictures). What's up with that? How is it that something works just hunky dory one day and then all of a sudden nuttin'? My patience with this is nil, gone, zippola. I've tried every program on my computer Adobe, Picasa (doesn't even recognize that my camera is connected) and the Canon utilities, which comes up and says that the program has stopped working. I have read updates and all the "read me" info. I can. I thought it might be cuz I bought a new 4gig SD card before I went to girls camp and maybe just maybe it wasn't reading it, so I put my measly lil' 1gig back in and took a couple of pics. and tried to download those and NOPE again nuttin'! I don't know if I should go postal and throw the computer across the room or the camera! I have to be able to take pictures.... What will I do??? I know what Laura is thinkin'... Buy a Mac! (Am I right or what?) Oh, how I wish. Maybe if a horrible accident happened to mine, hmmm. Naaa, it would be to obvious. James is too busy to help me at the moment, so I will just keep fuming til I blow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh yes - do buy a MAC...I love mine:)
I hate technology! Sorry, Kip.
welcome to the wonderful world! you did it! congrats. now i can feel more guilty that there is one more blog that i need to read to keep up with all the bloggerama. thanks, shell. =)
p.s. yes, get a mac! seriously, they are the way to go.
As I was reading your post, even before you mentioned me, I was thinking how easy it would be if you had a Mac with iPhoto! So simple to download pictures. Mac = computer happiness.
Sorry you're having troubles.
There are SD card readers where you take the card out of the camera and read it in straight off the card. I am sure that would work - as long as your camera was writing the .jpg files - they will be there. Are you using a card reader?
Before I saw Lori's post I was going to say, "Ask Lori." Cuz I don't take pictures. And when I do, I don't develop them.
However, this incident is making your blog very fun already ;)
Lori, the card readers on my laptop are for the newer cards and my camera is a Canon Rebel XT, which apparently is "obsolete" now even though I paid mucho big bucks for it and it still takes great pics! I just bought it 4 years ago and they have too many newer versions now, so my card for that camera is one of the big CompactFlash cards, so there isn't a reader on my computer for that one. I was using my USB cord. I did just get it to finally download the pictures about 20 minutes ago, but I'm not real sure what the deal was other than I finally downloaded my new Photoshop Elements 7 and took off my Elements 6... then Wa..La.. all of a sudden it decided to work. Whatev. Now I'm still coveting the fact that you have CS4 and I just got Elements 7 :)
Three of my camera's use a compact flash card. I have multiple readers for it that just plug into your computers usb port. Feel free to borrow one anytime you need one! I have 18 readers built into my computer, so I only really need my two universal readers (will read 9 different types of cards - including compact flash) when I am travelling - my laptops, like you only have sd readers.
Wow, you guys are bunch of computer/ camera geeks - I just plug mine in and hope it works. But if it didn't I would cry and not have a clue how to fix it! :)
Thanks, Lori! If it acts up again I'm definitely calling you :) It was interesting when I bought my 4G card I searched and searched for the compact flash cards and they were not on the aisle with the other sd cards, so I finally had to ask (worried I was going to have to order it and I was leaving for camp). Well, they were around the corner all by ther lonesome and they were about $10 more! Crazy! The newer more "up to date" stuff should be more, not my "out of date" stuff ;)
Post a Comment